HYGIENIC: Long-lasting Performance
TruCup can be inserted in the morning, emptied it in the evening and reinserted— lasting through the night for 10-12 hours- 3 times longer than any other menstrual product! It sits low in the vagina and due to its flexible material, it becomes a part of the body- allowing rigorous activities or just relaxation!
ECONOMICAL: Reusable and Clean
Built with food grade silicon, TruCup is medically certified, non-toxic, secure in extreme heat/cold temp., doesn’t change colour or structure for 8-10 years- menstruators are free from ‘period supplies’ for a long long time! Also, the sterilisation process ensures TruCup is clean to the core.
DURABLE: Innovative Design of TruCup
Prioritising comfort for long-term use, Trucup is built with a flattened stem for ease of removal without hurting the inner walls of the vagina, holes for ease of suction keeping it ventilated and ridges specifically designed to fit perfectly around the vaginal walls.
GREEN: Sustainable Product & Packaging
With a reusable product and packaging (no plastic protection, sachets etc), TruCup aims to reduce drain clogging, landfills, pollution of seas and rivers. Your reusable cup can last for years and the box can store TruCup, or your tit-bits, keys, accessories, keeping it all secure!
- TruCup is made of soft, medical-grade silicone. It is very soft, comfortable and easy to use.
- A TruCup can last up to 10 years making it a very viable and economical option. With TruCup, your periods will now cost you only Rs 8, saving 80% cost in a lifetime!
- TruCup is hypoallergenic and contains no dyes, BPA, bleaches, phthalates, plastic, or toxins making it majorly free of yeast and bacterial infections.
- TruCup eliminates odour. As the menstrual discharge, while collecting does not come in direct contact with air, it does not emit any foul odour.
- TruCup lasts 3 times longer than any average menstrual product. You can wear a TruCup for 10 to 12 hours!
- TruCup is environmentally friendly as it is a one-time purchase for ten years as opposed to the 12000 pads or tampons used in a lifetime
- With TruCup, you not only get a menstrual cup with an innovative design, but you also get a reusable box to stash your month titbits and a breathable pouch for your TruCup.
- TruCup comes in two different sizes. These make it very user-friendly for the first timers taking a step towards a more healthy, eco-friendly and pocket-friendly period!’
TruCup is made of soft, medical-grade silicone, is hypoallergenic and contains no dyes, BPA, bleaches, phthalates, plastic, or toxins making it majorly free of yeast and bacterial infections. They also ensure odour free periods and allow you to forget the wet feel. It does not tamper with the pH of your vagina, making them safer than pads and tampons!
The size of the TruCup would be a determined more by what is the best vaginal fitment, rather than the flow of blood. Few factors to consider while choose are as follows-
- Flow: Generally, TruCup small has a 20 ml capacity, which is suitable for a regular-medium flow. However, if you have exceptionally heavy bleeding, TruCup large is recommended.
- Age: If you are a teenager and under the age 30, TruCup small is recommended, If over 30, TruCup large is recommended
- Pregnancy: If you have never given birth, TruCup small is recommended. If you have given birth vaginally, TruCup large is recommended.
- Cervix: If you have a low cervix, TruCup small is recommended. If you have a high cervix, TruCup large is recommended.
Wearing your TruCup will take some practice. Every new activity as a beginner has a learning curve to it, just like riding a bike. Throw away all the inhibitions, myths and fears from your mind and try it out yourself. The baseline for every woman is to know her vagina. And once you are familiar with your territory, wearing the TruCup will be an easy exercise.
TIP: As a beginner, try using it in the shower to ensure it slides in smoothly.
As a rule of thumb, always wash your hands before you wear your TruCup.
From the multiple folding methods, choose the one which you feel most comfortable with and fold the TruCup. Don’t worry, it might take a few tries to ‘nail it’
Breathe in and out. Let go of your inhibitions. Hold your folded TruCup firmly and guide it towards your vagina. You can stand, squat (advised for beginners), sit, or raise one of your legs. Again, comfort is key and try the posture where you are most at ease and balanced, to create an opening for the TruCup.
SEPARATE & WEAR
Nice and easy, now! All you now need to do is relax your pelvic muscles and gently separate your labia with your other hand. Guide your TruCup into your vagina, pointing it upwards toward the base of your spine. Try to keep the TruCup folded until it is entirely inside of your vagina.
The TruCup is now a part of you. Gently release the folded TruCup – it will pop open and create a sealing suction automatically, holding it in place.
THE FINAL STEP
Run a finger along the base of the TruCup to ensure that it’ has opened completely – if you feel any folds, hold the base of the cup and gently rotate it until it opens completely and creates a sealing suction- that’s what the little holes on top of the TruCup are for.
Sidestep: Play your favourite track, optional but recommended (and keep the grooving for later!
Sit on the toilet or squat on the floor with one of your leg resting on your toilet edge. The vagina gets shortened and your muscles relax, making it easier for you to locate your TruCup.
Once have located the TruCup it is necessary that you destroy the suction seal created. Just pinch the TruCup around the stem area or squeeze the base of the TruCup. This way your suction seal breaks and it is easier to pull the TruCup.
The TruCup needs to be pulled gently from your vagina. Since you don’t want to spill blood all around the floor, pull the TruCup out by making a sideways angle and make sure that you hold it in that way until it’s out.
Your TruCup suggests you have your menstruation fabulously. The idea of a menstrual TruCup is to counterattack the issues of environmental degradation, inconvenience during your periods. Therefore, it is suggested that you clean your TruCup regularly to keep it in pristine condition. The lifespan of your TruCup completely depends on how it is taken care of — if it’s cleaned properly, stored safely, used diligently etc. A TruCup will last you for 10 years if you take care of it!
If you are a dancer, swimmer, trainer, gymnast or play any other sport then you know that pads and tampons probably cannot handle the certain angles of your body movement and due to which leakages happen that make to feel uncomfortable. From hiking to skydiving, the TruCup is all you need. With the TruCup you don’t have to look for a bathroom to change repeatedly in order to avoid any kind of leakages.
SMALL is suited for:
- Active Lifestyle
- First-time cup users
- Women with a normal flow
- Women with both low or high cervix
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Cup body and stem: 74 mm
- Cup body without stem: 51 mm
- Stem: 23 mm
- Volume: 20 ml
LARGE is suited for:
- Extremely Active Lifestyle
- Women with a heavy flow
- Women with a high cervix
- Women who have given birth
- Diameter: 46 mm
- Cup body and stem: 77 mm
- Cup body without stem: 55 mm
- Stem: 23 mm
- Volume: 23 ml